My Lands: Black Gem Hunting

My Lands Discussion Board
It is currently 21 Jan 2018, 22:58

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy 2018....or not !?
PostPosted: 08 Jan 2018, 10:23 
Bodiless Spirit

After the last banned players and the consequent loss of "fun", it would be very useful to know if there is a merger of this server.
In 1 month or 1 year for me it's the same.
I will not spend money or life-time if I'm not sure of a future on this server.
It is very important for me to know this!
I hope in a serious answer.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 03:16 
Novice

I do not understand your "fun" comment unless you were going for sarcasm. all the bigger players I see deleted (except for one) were bots, good riddance as far as I'm concerned. cheats ruin the game for honest players, they do not improve it

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 04:29 
Bodiless Spirit

No, dear, i'm not sarcastic.
In this game there are never new players, unfortunately.
Real players or bots: there are always fewer players.
I want to know what they are waiting to revitalize this beautiful game .... because I have less desire to play at these conditions

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 05:17 
Novice

revitalization would be nice but nothing I have seen indicates the admin/developers have any interest, they have just moved on to other games. am just happy this server hasn't been completely ruined like the UK server was after the mergers there brought in way too many multis who then got handed off to players who used bots. in my opinion there are too many things wrong in the way this game is maintained so honest players either get discouraged and leave or stay but don't spend money because it will do them little good. it would take major changes for things to get better and sadly that is just not something I see happening

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2018, 10:24 

FairyLite wrote:
I do not understand your "fun" comment unless you were going for sarcasm. all the bigger players I see deleted (except for one) were bots, good riddance as far as I'm concerned. cheats ruin the game for honest players, they do not improve it

They were not bots, I know them each by name and have spoken with them simultaneously in chatroom. While I do not know what the did to get banned exactly I know for a fact they were not one guy botting (absurd).

I understand they were your enemy, but know that what you believe simply isn't true.

Also, Napalm has a point with his "fun" comment. He was not being sarcastic and I know where you were going with your response. You have fun in a different way in this game playing as a non-suzerain. You do not battle other players and you enjoy chatting as a means for entertainment. Suzerains battle other players and get satisfaction in winning over each other's large armies -- not hunting baby ruins or farming resources from structures.

I too do not like the feeling of an uncertain future of the server and would love an official plan: whether that is a timeline for merger, plan to advertise so more players join, or simply letting us know that this server will remain as it is untouched.

.:
Any questions? Just ask.
Write message in-game, here on the forums, or start a thread in the Ask Question Board.
:.
"Leave you in peace? ... I will leave you in pieces!" - Darksol

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2018, 03:39 
Novice

just because you talked to those players means nothing Hexxus, people take breaks from the game or decide to quit and hand their accounts off to others (just one of the bad business decisions the admin allows since few will spend money building an account when they can take over someone else's). am not surprised by your defending them though since you belong to the same clan as most of those recently caught cheating were/had been from. wouldn't worry though, another bad decision by admin is not to completely wipe cheats off the server so am sure your buddies will be back in the coming weeks with some sob story about how they weren't really the ones cheating, their accounts were hacked or some relative used the account without their permission :roll:

no idea where you got the notion these players were my enemy, certainly didn't come from me. also have no idea why you think chatting is something I have any interest in. I have 9 comments on this forum, considerably less than you and the number of private messages I send in a month, not something you could possibly know about, could easily be counted on one hand with fingers to spare.

and the reason I play as non-suzerain is because my many years on the UK server showed me that going suzerain before one is ready is just a waste of time. you can talk all you want about suzerains attacking each other's large armies but that is not the reality of the game, all one has to do is watch the tavern to see few legitimate battles take place. while there are some suzerains who take pride in besting a large army there are unfortunately way too many cowards who only look for small/new suzerains to pick off, another reason why so many players leave this game

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2018, 17:43 

FairyLite wrote:
just because you talked to those players means nothing Hexxus

I am confirming a person exists behind each account, not one controlling many -- but then you instantly dismiss my claims. So your claim means more than my word, we agree to disagree, and that's that.

FairyLite wrote:
people take breaks from the game or decide to quit and hand their accounts off to others (just one of the bad business decisions the admin allows since few will spend money building an account when they can take over someone else's).

Your favorite Suzerain Manticora bought his account, so I'm not sure what you're getting at -- should he be banned?

I feel there is a lot of bias here; "when we do it, it's okay" sort of thing.
Manticora is laughable in his contradiction crying "More bans for illegal activity!" and is entirely illegitimate himself.

On rank play: In the end I don't think there is one right way to play the game, but we are on the subject of server stagnation, which is why we're (Napalm etc) talking about Suzerain play and the future of the server. Either way this will go in circles.

Cheers,
Hexxus

.:
Any questions? Just ask.
Write message in-game, here on the forums, or start a thread in the Ask Question Board.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 04:01 
Novice

I don't know who you think I am Hexxus but you are way off base. I don't know Manticora, don't even think I've ever had a city close enough to buy resources from them

as for buying accounts it's just one more broken rule that is ignored and as I alluded to earlier accounts should be for 1 person ONLY. when that person leaves the game for whatever reason the account should be deleted. no selling, no transferring and no leaving it sit on the server for years. just wipe it out

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 14:34 

FairyLite wrote:
I don't know who you think I am Hexxus but you are way off base. I don't know Manticora, don't even think I've ever had a city close enough to buy resources from them

You know what, you're right. I've been mistaking you for a player named Fae.
My fault, apologies.

.:
Any questions? Just ask.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2018, 21:49 
Novice

Thank You Hexxus :)